Thursday, September 15, 2022

Can't believe it's mid September and fall is arriving soon.

 

Moving along slowly but surely...

Luckily for me, about mid July when I had a new great-grandchild about to be born, I found a beginning quilting class at my local quilting-yarn shop, Thread Bear. It was an eight week class, and it went from the very basics to a completed quilt suitable for a crib or wall hanging.

Since this child’s parents did not choose to know the sex before the birth, I went with a non-binary color scheme, and my central piece has adorable little hedgehogs. Ann helped me to select the additional fabrics imitating colors found in that fabric.

The child was born in early August, and the quilt got finished and shipped off about three weeks later. I enjoyed the class and camaraderie as well as having a very patient and helpful instructor, who took us from the basics to completion. If she was frustrated with any of us, she didn’t show it, which I am thankful for.

Here’s the quilt finished, washed, and ready for shipment.

 


I’m looking forward to our next quilting class, which will build on the skills we’ve learned, starting probably mid-October.

 In the meantime, I’m working on some tees and culottes for fall.

 More later,

 


1 comment: