Okay... I forgot one of my makes. I had in my head an idea for a shirt similar to one I made back in the dark ages and literally wore out. Unfortunately, when I went pattern diving, I realized I was a size 12 when I made the shirt. Measurements on the pattern are listed at about 34-26-36, and it's been a REALLY long time since that would fit me!
Instead, I decided to try to make a "big shirt" with a Mandarin collar. I did a franken-pattern using an old Simplicity # 8497 mixed with a Bootstraps that has been fitted and muslined. It’s kind of an old fashioned “big shirt” but brought into the 21st century. I widened the shoulders by an inch, and have short sleeves on it. I used a very nice blue and white striped oxford cloth, and actually have enough left over to do a tank that matches. I’ll be able to wear the big shirt open over the tank in air conditioning. I’m enjoying working with the cottons more so than the knits for now.
I finished up the shirt and have worn it a couple of times. It’s not exactly what I wanted just yet. I like the big shirt theme, but want a regular collar, and the shirt tails at the sides with side slits. So that’s in rotation, but not quite there yet.
So although it works for now, I will be experimenting with this also in the months to come. This style is heavenly in the heat with either a light weight cotton fabric, like a plisse, or a seersucker, or something of that nature.
Without further ado:
And now I'm moving on. I'll try to post more often so I don't forget! LOL