Sunday, September 6, 2020

Wardrobe planning and a new knee!

 I have a new knee! Surgery was August 4. Since then, it’s been a lot of resting, pain relievers, ice and physical therapy. I’m on the road, but still using my walker. It’s a security blanket for both Dale and I! He’s so worried that I will fall and break something, and he’s pretty much a nag. It’s usually easier to go along with him. ๐Ÿ˜

 During my convalescence, I’ve been working on a work capsule wardrobe. I’ll start sewing probably mid-November, and do production sewing to get things done by the first week in January.

 I’m trying to do quite a bit of stash busting, but have also been buying some specific fabrics too. First collection will be jacket, top, and slacks in navy. The jacket can also be worn with the grey capsule. Best picture of actual colors with plan:


Capsule with colors not true, including denim blue wool:



 

I’ve also got the gray capsule put together for the second batch. I have some gray tropical wool on order that will be here this week, but I took a photo with some linen that can make a spring addition. There is also a picture of the two pair of existing charcoal and gray wool slacks that I will see if I can have professionally altered. (As of now, I’ve lost 4” in my waist and hips, and doubt I can do it myself.)

 

Gray capsule fabrics

Slacks to be altered--charcoal and lighter gray




Today and tomorrow I’d like to put together another grouping with the denim blue wool as well as a brown capsule, and look in my stash for another gray for an additional jacket.

 If you’re in the US, have a wonderful Labor Day. Everyone, stay safe, stay healthy, and keep sewing.

 More to come.



 

 

2 comments:

  1. Those look like wonderful combinations, elegant and practical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ruthie! I love to watch you put your capsules together, and I think you've been a good influence on me.๐Ÿ˜‰

      Delete