Saturday, January 5, 2013

Working It!



Today is Saturday here, and I'm trying to keep my blog posts up as well as do my "15 minutes" per day that usually turns into an hour every few days. But it does progress the projects and gets more clothing into my closet. That's the really good part.

I was not as successful at the 15 minutes per day as I'd hoped this first week in January. I started the week behind with the Holiday in the middle, and continued to work pretty long hours all week, usually finishing at 6:30 or 7:00 pm. That means after I fix dinner, and we eat, I'm usually all in. AND I've been getting up at 6:30 am to start work at 7:30 am. Just long days overall.

I don't like the early mornings in the winter much. As a San Diego girl, I love the sunshine, and winter darkness and cold doesn't get my mojo working the way I like.  I also believe I have a bit of the Seasonal Affective Disorder, which means I get down in the dumps when there isn't enough sunshine. Oh, well. I live in Northern California which most people still think is California with sunshine all the time, but in winter, I am cold, and it rains too much for me!

Moving on, I'm working on a tee out of a lovely rayon print, cream, aqua, and browns that should be done later today. I'll post a picture when it's finished. Not much to say because it's my TNT Pamela's perfect tee shirt pattern, this time with 3/4 sleeves so I can wear it most of the year, and I could probably make in my sleep. But the fabric is lovely and it will actually go with my SWAP.

The really good news is I have enough left over to make up the sleeveless shell too. I was looking at the one Sydni made over at Stitcher's Guild from the Burda pattern with the cowl, and I'm pretty sure I can alter my Ala Mode Margarita top that is already fitted to have the same type cowl neckline. I'm loving the look of cowls on almost everyone, and since I can, why not. It will make a nice spring top for under jackets, and a great summer top on its own.

I need to finish up an appraisal this morning, and then hope to finish the rayon top, and get my next project cut out for sewing this weekend. It's a gorgeous silk/wool blend in a dark almost expresso colored chocolate from Mood Fabrics. It's going to be another Pamela's tee with long sleeves this time. I figure even though I'm not officially throwing my hat into the ring, I do want to work on the SWAP and see if I can actually get enough garments finished.

On another note, I bought a new little Embroidery Machine! Saw the article in Threads about the Brother PE 500 Embroidery machine for under $300, and have been wanting to get something inexpensive for monograms. My really old Pfaff (circa early 1980s) did script, but it is failing after all the years of heavy use, and I only use it as a backup machine now. I wanted something that I could actually do large monograms if desired, and also that I could do my own personalized sewing labels. I'll get it set up later today too! I doubt I'll ever do a lot of embroidery because that's just not my style, but having the ability to do beautiful monograms makes my day!

Hope your day is fabulous!


No comments:

Post a Comment