Sunday, March 25, 2012
Ruth has given me the Versatile Blogger Award. I tried to load it as a gadget, but blogger says it's broken. Obviously not. What's that about?
I need to do several things in order to be a versatile blogger.
First Rule: add it to my blog. Hopefully it's right above this post!
Second, thank the blogger who has given it to me. I don't think I actually deserve it, but thank you so much Ruth. I love reading your blog, so you get lots of points for that! http://sewruth.blogspot.com
Third, list the rules (interspersed above and below):
Rule #4 List 7 random things about myself you may not know.
1. Even though I generally dress really conservatively, I have a wild child inside waiting to jump out. I LOVE wild fabrics, and will frequently use them as pockets or linings on my staid clothing.
2. I have a German Shorthair Pointer and a Cocker Spaniel. Both are loving and smart and sometimes too needy, wanting to be in the middle of my sewing projects!
3. I am married, but have been divorced and widowed.
4. In previous incarnations, I have been a travel agent, an income tax preparer, a commercial landscape estimator and purchase agent, and a salesperson of various items from commercial tree nursery outside sales to commercial accounting and tax software.
5. I generally love my job but am amazed at the squalor some people chose to live in. A little messiness is one thing, but raising children in a hovel is appalling. Alternatively, those people who don't have a spot of dust or anything out of place are almost as freaky and I wonder if they don't have any kind of life! Obviously not obsessed sewists!
6. I have two children, two step children, and eleven grandchildren including the steps.
7. When I was widowed and downsized within a few months just before my 50th birthday, I decided I wanted to go back to school (quit college my first year when I got pregnant with my first child.) Even though I started working full time, I went to school nights until I received my Associates Degree (with almost enough credits for a Bachelor's Degree) with highest honors. BUT, it did take me 10 years to do a two year degree!
Rule #5 Pass the award on to 15 deserving and conscientious bloggers.
These are the ones I know that don't show the award on their blogs. Sorry there aren't more but most of the blogs I follow have already received this award!
Rule 6 - Inform your nominee. The recipients can then link to your blog, copy and paste the award and display the award on their own page.