Saturday, October 30, 2021

I Guess the first capsule is browns?

This was started last weekend, but darn. I lost the post somehow.  I was waiting for pictures on me. I've given up on that for now.

There has been a gap in sewing AGAIN because I was ill for almost two weeks. I'm hard headed so it took a LOT to get me to the doctor, and then serious antibiotics to get me back from the edge. Better now but working slowly. Onward and upward.



Completed: New Loes Hinse Oxford pants in a tobacco brown ponte knit.

Fabric: Italian Turkish Coffee Stretch Ponte Knit from Mood. Purchased August 30, 2021. Unusual for ponte, the fabric is only 48" wide. I purchased 2 1/2 yards. It's very drapey and stretchy, and reads to me as much taupe as brown. The blend is rayon, nylon and lycra, and a medium weight. At $17.99 a yard, it puts these trousers at just under $50 total. I'm comparing them to Eileen Fisher knit pants, which sell for $168, and don't fit me nearly as well, so I'm thrilled! I had minimal, tiny pieces of fabric left. 

As of 10/30/21

My Sewjo is finally back. A trip to the acupuncturist did me a lot of good, and my hands are much more cooperative! During the week I was able to steal a few minutes here and there to do some sewing. 

Hot off the machine, I've completed another piece of the capsule ~ a TNT tee with three quarter sleeves. Fabric is from Sew Much Fabric and is still available. It's a lovely Viscose Lycra blend knit in "charcoal/Sable/Tan and Cream. It's only $11 per yard at 56" wide, so in my book an excellent buy. It will go well with both brown pieces, as well several pair of my wool trousers that will be altered soon. 



And best of all, I have another piece of cream rayon jersey with an abstract print in brown already cut out. Need to change thread colors, and it's getting started today.

I've got several pieces of fabric for a brown jacket, as well as pieces of brown print, and beiges to brown solids for tops. After these have gone into the wardrobe today, I'll be looking at a few pieces for tops. Keep tuned to see what's up next! 

Hope your sewing is going well!




3 comments:

  1. Glad you’re feeling better! Great start to your capsule!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pieces, enjoy wearing them

    ReplyDelete
  3. The New Free Best Graphics, Design, Embroidery & Font Bundles.
    ❤ Download 1 Million Design Free Just One Click ❤
    You can download one million designs for free right now. Time is limited. So download for free now without delay.
    👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇
    https://www.creativefabrica.com


    ReplyDelete