Monday, October 4, 2021

Bespoke baby pants.

 I used the scraps from my shirt and a small piece of baby rib to make a pair of bespoke pants for my great-granddaughter. 

Like her great Grammy, she has heavy thighs and the pants in her size were tight, while the next size up were too long. They went in the mail Saturday so I expect to see some pics by the end of the week to see if our communications and measurements got it right. 

She's a super curious and active baby, already doing backward crawling and a "downward dog" pose so I expect before too long, she'll be crawling and around the first of the year, she may start walking. We'll see. Here's a picture of the pants. I used ribbing instead of elastic because I thought that would be more comfortable on baby skin.


Pattern is from the Kwik Sew sewing for toddlers book.

Starting my next pair of oxford pants today. More soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment