Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Loes Hinse Oxford Pants

 They are done! I finished these several days ago, and am just getting around to blogging about them. They are an easy sew, and imminently wearable. I really love them and they have a wonderful drape. I think there will be several more coming .

Due to my particular body at this point in time, I made them with a size Large back and an X Large front piece. The only adjustments I made were shortening them by 2" and doing a 3/4" knock knee adjustment for my heavy inner thighs. The pattern calls for 2:1 stretch elastic, which I did not have, so it's done with what I had here already.

Unfortunately, my serger gave up the ghost about half way through. To add to that, the sewing shop I use is about three weeks out until they can even look at it. After thinking about it for a few days, and discussing with the hubs, (it was purchased in 1995,) I decided a new one was in order with air threading. Between my eyes, and my hands, that should make my life SO MUCH easier! Of course, I googled the best air threading serger, and to my surprise, Juki MO-1000 was top rated.  I know Juki has been an industry workhorse for decades, so feel pretty good about this one. We don't have a Juki dealer in town, closest is about 225 miles away, but to my delight, they have it on Amazon.. It's been ordered, and is on the way. Should be here tomorrow, so I'm cutting out a few things in anticipation.

Fabric is a light weight tencel-linen blend purchased from Vogue Fabrics 4/30/2020. That's like yesterday for my typical fabric purchase to finished garment  time frame. LOL


Hangar shot

Next will be a few tee shirts from my TNT pattern, along with a few baby things I have swirling around in my head. 

Hope everyone is finding time to feed their creative self! 






No comments:

Post a Comment