Monday, September 6, 2021

In House Patterns Cool Cowl~ unfortunate pattern placement

 I've been wanting to make the In House Patterns Cool Cowl forever! Last August I thought I'd lost enough to fit into the size range, so purchased the pattern with high hopes to be able to make it for tax season to wear under a jacketall. Life...



I printed the PDF last week and taped it together, knowing I would have several alterations to make before coming up with the right fit. Alexandra drafts for people much taller than I am! Luckily for me, Alexandra has published an excellent tutorial on how to lessen the depth of the cowl!

Here's my third attempt, and I feel like it's a good wearable muslin. Didn't realize the dark stripe would point at my bloated belly, but it is what it is. The fabric is a lovely rayon jersey purchased from Sew Much Fabric 3/25/2020 on sale for $17.00. When I saw the price, I couldn't turn it down. AND I still have enough left for a tank top.

 I have made a few more adjustments to the pattern since inspecting this one, noticeably a 1" forward shoulder adjustment.  Overall, I'm extremely happy with this top. I happen to love the look of a cowl and this checks all the boxes. I expect there will be more over the next few months. Without further ado, 



    IN HOUSE PATTERNS COOL COWL WEARABLE MUSLIN


I do need to figure out why I have the folds from shoulder point to boob. Hopefully the forward shoulder adjustment will eliminate that issue.

I've got the Loes Hines Oxford pants traced and ready to muslin next. I've been pretty interested in them for a while. They remind me of "Katherine Hepburn trousers" from her early movies, and I believe the elastic waist will be good to have on the days my hands don't want to deal with button and buttonhole or hooks and eyes. Unfortunately, I'm not tall and willowy, but I'm hoping for the best.😁

Hopefully I'll have more to share soon!



 

1 comment: