Saturday, August 11, 2018

Quick update of the last ten days...

I got the second baby quilt made in a short amount of time. I'm liking that this one was quick and is still cute, and I'm really happy with the fact that I'm learning how to do these nice mitered corners that are good on both sides. This one isn't perfect yet, but it's not bad if I say so myself!


The front is cut out of 8 1/2 " squares, making them 8" after sewing. It's approximately 40" X 50" which is just about right for crib size. I just alternated the "very hungry caterpillar abstract dots" fabric with "sock monkey sports" pieces I had auditioned for the binding on the first quilt. If I'd been paying more attention it would be more symmetrical but Dale keeps reminding me that in the "olden days" the Navajo always made some mistakes in their rugs so they could prove they were handmade! 

The back is a one piece fabric that has jungle images all over it in primary colors on a white background. 

I'm also working on some baby clothes, and my friend Lupe who is learning to sew had an idea for a tote for swimming that we worked on Wednesday. I don't have any pictures yet, but will get some before too long. 

More later!



No comments:

Post a Comment