Sunday, August 26, 2018

Lovely thoughts and what I'm working on.

One of the things I do when I"m not sewing or doing aqua aerobics or cooking. I read. A LOT.

I read this the other night in the current cozy mystery book and loved it. Yes. a real book with pages that turn and everything!

"Imagine, if you will, the horror that engulfs a modern family when they realize they cannot charge their electronic devices. Their mobiles, tablets, laptops, and desktops are useless! Panic sets in. Without a screen to watch or keys to tap, all harmony is at an end. The ties that bind are on the verge of snapping when someone recalls a dim and distant memory of...the original virtual-reality device! A wondrous device that will allow them to go anywhere at any time with anyone they choose. A device powered by the imagination, a device gravity cannot shatter, a device that decays organically, leaving no toxic sludge behind to poison our precious planet!"A Book!

Hug your librarian and read a real book...it'll make you happy or smarter, or just take you to another place!

In sewing news, I did the first alterations on the moulage #2, but my sway back adjustment of 1 1/2" was not quite enough. I need to do another and try again this week. Other than that, it's looking pretty good IMO.

I'm also working on a new swimsuit with a pattern from Jalie. This may be my first make with Jalie patterns, although I do have several I've bought over the years. The new Jalie Rose shirt is waiting to be muslined and completed too.

I hope to have something to show soon. More later.


No comments:

Post a Comment