Monday, January 2, 2017

The rain has fled

I'm hoping to use this blog as a more or less daily journal like my virtual friend Ann of the blog Everything Sewing. I enjoy her almost daily missives, and think it is a good way to keep records of your activities.

Today is a more or less sunny morning. It is my understanding that the New Year's Holiday is being celebrated today, so no mail delivery, no trash pick up, no Government services are available.

Our weather forecast for today is a high of 51 today and a low of 33 tonight.. It was comfortable when I took Baby out this morning but I did have my jacket on. 

My jacket is underway. I got all the pattern pieces traced off with the adjustments I needed. The fabric has been washed and ironed, and the first pieces laid out and ready to cut. Today the goal is to finish all the cutting, get the appropriate pieces interfaced, and get all the machines set up and ready with the appropriate thread so when I start I can just run with it. 

Here's the current state of the garment:




I'll try to remember to keep taking photos throughout the process so I have better records.

Have a lovely day wherever you are, and enjoy the second day of 2017!



P.S. I am unable for some unknown reason to have any comments posted, not only on my own blog, but on others. Please know I appreciate very much your comments, and enjoy reading your stories and would like to comment, but can't. 😢😢😢

4 comments:

  1. Lynda, I will be looking in at your blog now! I enjoy your posts a lot on SG! Can't wait to see your jacket, and your garden-in-progress! NM is wonderful (I am in Phoenix) and we've been going more to the north-ish part of the state, Santa Fe and the Navajo Reservations places!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cherie. Looked at your blog and we have a lot in common. I started MG classes this year but had to drop due to the knee and standing. Will do it again this year and complete it so I can get my certification. We love Santa Fe, but the cost of living here is much more in line with retirees! We haven't been to the Navajo Reservation yet, but there are may sites I want to see. That's in the future though.

      Delete
  2. Glad you are settling into your new home and state.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Eileen. It's a new beginning for us and one we're looking forward to pursuing!

    ReplyDelete