Monday, November 25, 2019

Jalie 3130 FInished

It is completed finally! The two muslins helped to make this a much better fitting shirt than it otherwise would have been, however, I'm not entirely happy with the upper back.

This one will fill a gap in the closet, though, and I'm sure will be worn a lot. I revised the Jalie pattern quite a bit, and will need to do further revisions before I'm 100% happy with it. Without further ado,


I'm going to use my Suzy Furrer back sloper to see if I can better fit the back of this shirt. 

Fabric is Navy 100% Pima Cotton Broadcloth from Mood, purchased 11/10/19. It's still available here: https://www.moodfabrics.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=311982

I have so many projects lined up now. Next I think is going to be another shirt using my Bootstraps pattern, #54469, which I have already done in muslin, made a few adjustments, and have more to come. The front isn't too bad, but again, the back needs work. I'll be working on that one this week and expect to make it in a Cotton and Steel lawn in navy and teal purchased a while back.  

Excuse the wet hair and serious face. We have to do what we have to do to get the photographer to take pictures!


Again, the back has too much width through the upper back, and needs some adjustments to get the lower back fitting right. I'm thinking it may need an upper back length adjustment for the curvature I now have in that area.

In addition, I've got some navy tropical weight wool ready to sew into a pair of trousers; pulled a piece of wool doubleknit out of the very old stash (July of 1994!) for a modified Grainline Morris jacket; an indigo cotton denim for a much needed pair of trouser jeans, and multiple other shirts flying around in my head.

So hopefully, we'll see a very productive rest of November and December. I'll be gone for a few days mid December to see my oldest granddaughter get "hooded" with her PHD class, (SO PROUD!) and then Dale will be gone for about a week after Christmas to see family in California. While he's gone, I hope to be a sewing demon! Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment