Sunday, December 23, 2018

FINALLY FINISHED!

Strangely, I started this blouse according to my journal on November 26. I'd had my daughter and three granddaughters to visit the weekend before, and I just got my sewing room (aka guest room) put back together. My GOAL was to make about 4 of these before the first of the year. Probably not going to happen though!

Due to multiple interruptions, classes, seminars, procrastination, and uncertainty, it finally got the buttons sewn on and the blouse finished yesterday morning. It was a second "muslin." from McCalls 6436. I'm pretty sure the first one was done in late February of 2013. Although I tried it on and it seemed to fit well, I really wanted to do a mock up to be sure I was really getting everything right before I started on the more expensive fabrics. The original was blogged in March of 2013. All of the alterations, and it was a big list are in that post.

I have decided on a few more minor tweaks, but it will work really well for a "professional work blouse."

The fabric is a very light weight printed cotton (I think it's a voile) purchased from fashionfabrics.com (they've been out of business for a while) a long time ago. It was on sale and listed as a "cotton lining" abstract print. I bought 3 yards and the total cost was $4.99. SCORE! It is an "eggshell" background with a "sea mist" grey, and taupe print. It's going to go with a lot of items in my wardrobe. The most exciting thing for me is that I've been looking at similar blouses in RTW and the prices for 100% cotton in my size are upwards of $69-$86!

Here's a hangar shot from this morning:


I did French seams throughout most of the interior. The shoulder seam, which was adjusted due to new information I found on fitting sleeves was done with a regular seam, a second stitching 1/4" away, and trimmed adjacent to the second stitching. 

This afternoon I started on my next wardrobe staple to be. It's a pair of black, tropical wool trousers for work. I'll be using the same TNT trouser pattern I have made most things out of in the last year. It's a great pattern, fits well, and looks great IMO.

Hope you are all done with your Christmas sewing and looking forward to celebrating with family and friends. 

I'm wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Fabulous New Year filled with love, happiness, meaningful work, health, and peace!

More later!



1 comment: