Saturday, November 19, 2011

The first "muslin" for the SWAP

I've been working on getting a jacket pattern fitted well enough to be a TNT. This jacket started out as Simplicity 4273. It's an easy jacket that I initially made unlined so I could wear it during the summers to "dress up" my work clothes without getting into stuff that couldn't be washed easily.

This version is my third one, and it's definitely getting closer to being what I wanted. I did make a lining pattern for this one, and it is made out of a rayon-linen blend from Joann's with a Bemberg lining in a color I LOVE! I may have it at the point I want it to be as far as fitting correctly.

I just have the shoulder pads, hems, and buttons and buttonholes to finish up, and it's done and ready to be worn. I'll finish them today and start on the next project. I need clothes badly and next will be a "twin set" from Petite Plus Patterns with a cardigan out of an organic cotton French Terry with a matching organic cotton knit tee shirt from the Pamela's Perfect Tee Shirt pattern. Then it will be multiple pairs of pants. I do want to get the Hot Patterns shirt fitted too before the SWAP starts, and am doing a fitting muslin for my daughter as she wants some knit dresses for work. Should be quick and easy items!

Well, off to the sewing room. More later.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really excited to see what you will be sewing for the SWAP :-)

    ReplyDelete